Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Flemington Arts and Great Greens



I popped in to The Somi Fine Art Gallery this weekend and I was so glad I did.  They just happened to be having an art opening for the work of Ann DeCamp later that day.
What a stroke of luck!

Ann's show was highlighted in the New York Times.


Her photographs are so full of life and color.   The name of the show is Havana: Rhythms of Life in Cuba.  I highly recommend visiting the gallery to see her works.  They also happen to be quite affordable.  

In fact I found many pieces of artwork that were beautiful and within my budget.  Do you ever find art galleries to be just a bit intimidating with art works priced higher than your car?
Somi is nothing like that and has a warm and welcoming atmosphere.  It felt like a wonderful little museum.  I'm still yearning for this little gem by Nancy Zarbock.

I also really love these pieces made by an Italian artist being featured inside the old kiln.


It's so much fun stepping inside the old kiln.  It feels quite magical, and the echo is great.    You must stand right in the center and look up.


This painting by artist Cara London is as fresh as a summer's day.  Art just makes you feel good and this one says relax and enjoy the sunshine to  me.


I fell in love with this guy by Dorothy Fine.  He has a certain je ne sais quoi, don't you think? 


You could design a whole room around this gorgeous painting by Tracy Fitzgerald.  So alive, it's definitely a room maker.

via pinterest




Somi also has a new artist C. Aubrey McWatt to stop in and see.  I'm adding Somi and the farmer's market to my weekly itinerary. 

The place was hoppin last Saturday!  The music was playing and there was a great selection of both edible and non edible local goods.  I felt like I had a nice little vacation right in my own backyard.  People were smiling and little kids were eating greens right out of the bag!  


I felt quite satisfied with my visit and proceeded to enjoy my fresh greens and delicious yogurt right out of the tub, yum.  


If you're at loose ends on a Saturday head over to the Stangl Market.

The Arts are Alive
and
so are the Greens!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Talk - leave a comment!